Pages

nuffnang

Sunday, March 2, 2014

February things.

February was short and sweet, gotta give. Save for the despedida of one of my closest friends, the month was pretty packed with happy feels. And because pictures speak a thousand words, aka i'm really good in finding excuses to photodump as opposed to actually share you my thoughts, here are a few of my instagram posts for the month.

Let's start with surprise gifts. Seriously guys, generosity is one of my favorite values (along with integrity and respect, top of the head), because giving gives a beautiful feeling! Yes? Yes. And I'm sure that to receive also feels as awezam, because I got reminded of the feeling almost weekly this month with the generous hearts of friends just randomly giving gifts! <3

This camera flash drive is a pasalubong from my officemate who went to HK for vacation. We both have an appreciation for taking ~nice~ photos, and when she saw this, she said she thought of me! Aside from this being cute, we can't skip the fact that it's practical and utilitarian. Finally, I have me a flash drive now! Am so up-to-date with technology amarite amarite. Getting a flash drive just now. Hah.

This fisheye camera is from another officemate, who decided to give me this one after finding out that i like cameras (thanks to my post of that flash drive camera!). The ripple effect demonstrated here. HAHA. Officemate says that it's just pretty much gathering dust at home, so I may have better use for it. Well you bet! Excited to take photos with this. But first, to get films. It's so old school I love it!

Well what do we have here. A surprise package! I got this a few days after Valentine's, delivered at my office. I had NO idea who this was from, because at the "Sender" space of Xend's waybill said Carbon Digital Inc. And i have no relationship with them, and I honestly haven't heard of the company prior to this (I am not familiar with the marketing industry, forgive me!). Turns out my orgmate in college gave my name to his PR friend who was asking for names of pretty single ladies! (OF COURSE i inserted the adjective pretty, because, I can. Hahaha.) It's a box of goodies from Avon! To be fair, the items sent were all useful and pretty! Gave some to my mother to share the love!

Speaking of Valentine's, our company has been thoughtful recently, having tokens for a couple of occasions. First was something similar to the one pictured above, for the Chinese New Year. And now for Valentine's another set of notes were handed out (with lollipops!), and the message I got was darn cheesy it needed to be shared! Haha! My photocaption actually called this one as a "laslas emo quote." Haha love vibes everywhere! <3

This one's not an instagram post, but this is us celebrating Valentine's! Just like last year, the day was again spent with officemates. Dinner and coffee and stories to pass the night!

And of course you know about my trip to the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant!

And to Zambales! Will write about this next time. But that weekend was soooo relaxing it was a great way to kickoff the summer. Can't wait for more beaches in the coming months! I hope soooo!

And here's me with my closest high school friend, with our default wacky faces that I didn't realize til I was looking for photos to collage! Haha! Yna decided to work at Singapore now, so the barkada got together for some dinner tambay last week. Yna's my Caramoan buddy if you remember one of my posts from last year, and she's my very first business partner circa 2000! Our business name then was CYRG (for Cruz Yna Rodriguez Ghoent), but for a time we also used GRYC (just the other way around). Acronyms for kids are everything, you guys should know! Haha. We used to sell rubber erasers as keychains (she's the creative one, I'm the support lol), and even got our hands into copper wire twisting and hand bag stitching. All were a mess but the experience was soooo much fun with her! She's the friend who's always had Halloween parties for her birthday, and experimented with crazy food ingredients whenever possible. Anything goes with this girl!

I'd have to say that my taste for the weird and quirky can all be traced to Yna. Ever since high school, she's had her own way with paintings and sketches, and while i didn't get nor appreciate it before, I eventually saw the beauty of it. I really like the messages that I get when i look at her works and try to interpret them. I appreciate how much her art doesn't try to please anybody nor limit itself to the constraints of the usual. "She's one-of-a-kind" is such an understatement! A true artist. And because I'm in the mood, I'll insert some of her works below!


All weird and twisted and original riiiiightttt! That's her sketchbook art that I took a few photos of during one of our tambays last year. I love all of them! If i could just snap and post everything here! She actually has a shop that you may want to visit. Right here! All the love and best of luck for my very talented friend! I'll miss you Yna!! We shall visit you in SG. :)

--
Feb was pretty awesome, for some more other reasons that need not be posted. Hope you all had a great Feb as well! Let's go, March! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...